Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Barking About Backyard BBQ!

     Summer's here fur sure, and the warm weather means backyard pawties. Our friends at Petfinder.com have put together lots of information and tips to keep us safe while enjoying the festivities!


     Mom loves to grill outside, but while she's cooking, she knows it's better fur me to stay away from the grill. I don't mean to be naughty, but I'm a scent hound and the aroma keeps drawing me to the grill and that's not a good thing!
    So she makes sure that I'm secure and far enough from danger. If friends are over, it's my job to entertain them. That keeps me on my paws! If it's just us, I have to stay indoors until the grilling is done.
   For more summertime safety tips for pets and their people, stop by Petfinder!

Thanks fur stopping by buddies!
   

15 comments:

  1. Good tips to keep in mind - thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a very small garden and therefore no BBQ because of it. Enjoy. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tips. make sure they are kept away from the grilling area too, those smells are tempting.
    thanks for stopping over & commenting :) Faythe @GrammyMouseTails

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for these impawtant tips my furiend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great info! There's nothing like the great scent of a BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great advice for dealing with one of summer's great pastimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love that "I am behaving" look on the dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that a great picture? Mom says it looks like my "being good" look!

      Delete
  8. OMD - we haven't grilled in two years. And it's been a safety issue - with the chickens free roaming, we didn't want any of them flying onto a hot grill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent tips. We're lucky that Bella's hu-dad does most of the grilling while I occupy her otherwise. But if it's me doing the grilling by myself, Bella stays indoors where she can't get underfoot. (Love the look on that pooches face.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are excellent tips Prudence! I usually sit all 'purty' in front of Ma tryin' to gets something, butts she makes me go inside too! Meanies....
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete